Monday 1 January 2018

2017 Review, and 2018 plans

I'm sorry for being so quiet in 2017. Unsurprisinglythe first half of the year was dedicated to completing the final module of my degree, and since then I simply don't know where the time has gone!

Back in January I revealed the plans I wanted to achieve for 2017, and now I guess it's time to see if I have managed to tick them off:

Pass B301 and thus get my degree!  Yes I did it! I passed B301 and gained an Upper-Second Class Honours Degree!!

Graduate from The Open University (Ceremonies are optional but I really want to attend one, just depends where and when I can book one) Ok so I didn't manage to attend an official ceremony, but I did graduate from The Open University!!

• Meet some of the great friends I've made online through university and M.E. groups. Sadly this is one thing I haven't yet managed to do, and thus will be something I hope to do in 2018.

Walk up the road to the corner shop (or even better the tearoom!). I have done this once or twice on crutches, (but not the tearoom) and also walked a bit of the way back from town using my wheelchair as a walker, so it's a start. Here's hoping a bit more walking can be done next year.

• Go to the church carol service again. As I write this ahead of Christmas (I am trying to pace myself! 😉) the plan is to go to the carol service on Sunday. Hopefully I will make it again, I miss going to church but at the moment the carol service is the only service I manage each year.

• Redecorate my bedroom. Well this one is a work in progress, so I don't feel I can cross it off just yet but the room is being redecorated and beginning to look nicer, although it is frustrated that everything is packed away!

• Start thinking about what I'm going to do post-degree. Every time I start doing this I hit a road block and give up for a while. But I'll figure it out eventually, it's just a case of finding something manageable.

Now for 2018 I aim to....

  • Meet some of the fantastic friends I've made online through university and M.E. groups.
  • Finish decorating my room.
  • Attend the church carol service.
  • Try and find a suitable job I can do from home and manage with my health.
There's fewer this year as I have been struggling to think of some which are achiveable. But hey, I can always add to the list throughout the year right?!

Anyway I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas & New Year, here's to 2018 bringing great things for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment