Thursday 14 May 2015

I was a Princess for a day!

The title of this post says it all. On May 12th 2015 I dressed as a Princess for the day in order to raise money for the small charity with a big cause: Invest in ME. I was overwhelmed by the support I received in doing this, and the donations that seemed to flood in!

As promised here are some pictures from the day...

Just after getting dressed up

Smiling for the camera!
One may have been a Royal Princess for the day but one still had to study

A Princess Selfie
Having spent most of the morning switching between posting on social media sites and working on my End of Module Assessment for uni (not an advised combination by the way!) I was beginning to feel exhausted...

Beginning to feel pretty rough, mid afternoon
Overall it was a brilliant day and I managed to raise £207 in online and offline donations! I was (and still am) overwhelmed by the support and donations I received. SO if you're one of those lovely people who donated THANK YOU so much, you are amazingly generous people. If you're a bit late to The Princesses and M.E party then you can still donate by texting PCJW78 followed by £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070 (e.g. PCJW78 £3 to 70070) or by visiting my JustGiving page: http://justgiving.com/PrincessClare

Sadly all good things must come to an end, and my day ended with a bump. Tripping over my own dress, breaking its strap and landing on the floor has only served to cause a certain amount of laughter in my household and a fair bit of pain (on top of the flare in symptoms for being so active online for the day) At least no one can say I didn't suffer for my fundraising event!!

No comments:

Post a Comment