Thursday 18 September 2014

Celebrate My Birthday With ME

Well it's that time of year again, another year gone so I'm another year older. This year I've been inspired by a friend (you know who you are!) to raise money for charity in order to celebrate my birthday on September 25th. And this is done by simply asking all my friends, family and anyone else to buy me a 'drink' for my birthday.

Now you most probably know that I can't drink alcohol all that much, and I can't go out to a party. So inspired by a friend I have decided to set up a JustGiving page whereby anyone and everyone can buy me a virtual drink of their choice. Basically all you have to do is donate the amount the drink would cost and all the money raised will go to the charity I've picked.

Choosing a charity was by far the hardest part of this idea - there are so many fantastic charities for M.E. out there that I want to raise money for all of them, but I can only pick one. In the end I have decided to raise money for Invest in ME who are a small charity raising money for biomedical research into M.E. So that's where the money from any 'drinks' people buy me will go.

So what are you waiting for? Join me in celebrating my birthday in style, buy me a drink or even a piece of cake here: https://www.justgiving.com/Clare-Wood22/ or text GIVW93 £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070 and lets share my birthday celebrations with a good cause!!

No comments:

Post a Comment