Wednesday 7 November 2012

It's Been A While

Well it's been quite a while since I posted on here, the past month and a bit have been incredibly tough. I don't know what I'm doing or what day of the week it is most of the time.

Since I last posted I've had no end of stress to deal with, a limited amount of sleep and am currently having a blip with my illness. To be quite honest I don't know how on earth I'm coping or even if I am. Right now every time I think things are improving something happens which makes things worse.

I have managed to finish my final assignment for DB123 and got it submitted in time, I know it's not my best work as my health had already started to deteriorate as I was working on it, but it will have to do. Lets just hope it's good enough to pass...only another 5 or so weeks till I find out!

I'm pushed to my limits right now, because I have been helping out around the house quite a bit in the past few months before I got worse...it still seems to be expected of me and although I don't hide how ill I feel it just seems that because I could do it before I should be able to do it now. I'm trying to learn what my baseline is again but with things being expected of me all the time it's difficult to do so.

Today I've done a lot of housework despite feeling like someone is sticking needles/pins/knives in almost every joint I have. I've now collapsed onto my bed hoping for a little respite but considering I've taken painkillers and they haven't done much I don't hold out much hope.

One thing I've learnt over the past month is that I'm stronger than I think, I have some amazing friends both ill and healthy who have stuck by when the going got tough and put up with me moaning and venting about how tough life can be. I've also found that a sense of humour always helps on the darker days...when nothing seems to be going right. Laughter really can be the best medicine then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment