Wednesday 17 December 2014

A Budget Christmas; Food

A big part of any Christmas is the food. Now we don't go mad buying extra food but we do get in a few treats we wouldn't normally have during the rest of the year. A lot of the extra bits we have, we make ourselves.

There's nothing better than a homemade cake, mincepie, dessert or popcorn! So each year my family bakes a selection of things for Christmas using tried and tested recipes as well as the odd experimental one thrown in!

I normally help out a fair bit during this time as I love baking, but this year I'm going to have to take a step back; having done some baking earlier this year I've learned it's a bit too much for me in my current state of health. So instead I shall be supervising, possibly weighing out ingredients, preparing the cake tins etc. but leaving all the real physical work to someone else.

This year we're going for a few tried and tested cake and ice cream recipes but hopefully trying out a new popcorn recipe. So we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment