So with that in mind I have been readjusting my goals, creating more realistic goals for everyday and longer-term. Of course these are always subject to change. And there's no shame if I don't achieve all of the everyday goals everyday. There's just a sense of achievement when I do complete one or some of those goals.
For now everyday goals include:
- Getting Dressed. However casually, even if it be in the most pyjama like clothes as long as they're not sold as pyjamas it counts.
- Brush my hair. This is something that can get neglected for days on end, especially if it doesn't 'look too bad'. It can take a lot of energy and be quite a challenge to hold my arm up to do so.
- At least an hour's study a day. Maybe not all at once, always with regular rests. But to complete my degree I need to do at least this amount a day 5 days a week. (Technically I should do more but at times of illness like this the bare minimum has to suffice.)
- Early Nights. This one is a flexible goal, but to be in bed before 10:30pm is currently desired. It allows me almost 12 hours much needed rest!
- To help with the washing up at least twice a week. Currently I help when I can but it'd be nice to be able to do it a little more often.
- To walk up the corner shop on my crutches. Without significant collapse afterwards.
- To make a weekly trip to the market on my mobility scooter, with Mum. Even if this starts as a monthly or fortnightly trip in order to build up to it. (Currently a little difficult as the mobility scooter needs some repair)
- To complete my degree and graduate from university. Something I'm working towards everyday!
So those are my main goals for now. This isn't an exhaustive list. But it is a realistic one. Or at least more realistic than my pre-setback goals. Hopefully I can build up to those goals and share them in another post when the time comes and they are once again realistic.