Friday 8 August 2014

Severe ME Awareness: My Part

I mentioned in my previous post about Severe ME Awareness, that I aimed to be taking part in two campaigns I'd come across which involved taking a photo of myself and posting it on social media. I'm happy to announce that despite a challenging week, which saw me unable to use my right arm for a few days due to muscle weakness, I have managed it! So I thought I'd share my photos and the links to the campaigns again in case you want to find out more.

The Black Dress Selfie

This campaign asks that you wear black dress on August 8th. Something I have managed to do today. Even better it happened to be a Little Black Dress just like the one in the info graphic! If you follow me on Instagram you'll have seen a slightly different photo to this one, owing to the fact Instagram wouldn't let me use this one due to its size. More information on this campaign can be found here: http://sallyjustme.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/blackdress.html


My Black Dress Selfie.


Black Dress Selfie Info Graphic

Stop The ME Cover Up

This campaign requested particpants covered up partially or completely with a message promoting awareness of severe ME. I took this photo earlier in the week (pacing myself you see!) but coming up with the message was a little more difficult. I'm hoping what I came up with does the job. More information on this campaign is available at: http://sallyjustme.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/living-death.html and http://stonebird.co.uk/archive/aug8/

My photo for the Stop the ME Cover Up campaign.

Please let me know if you've played your part in any of these campaigns, or any others you've come across! I'd love to see your photos too.

No comments:

Post a Comment