Monday 16 September 2013

End of an Era

Well it's been a while, I've been rather busy of late but things have calmed down a bit now.

Generally M.E. wise I've been improving still, slowly but surely getting there. Managing round the house and garden without crutches, and getting out a bit more in my new wheelchair. This does however mean my bank account is taking a hammering after months of barely spending!

I've completed my End of Module Assessment for my current Open University course with a week to spare. More about that on my other blog http://lifewithmedoingadegree.blogspot.co.uk/ soon.

This week I'm planning how to celebrate my birthday, doing something on the day and spreading visits out across the week hopefully - IF I can arrange it. Small things like that make a big difference to how I cope. I know the day itself will still be knackering but if I can spread it out a bit I can pace myself better...or so I hope!!

Sadly I've been knocked down by a cold/flu thing so currently spending my day lying on the sofa resting as much as I can without going totally insane! So I've found the time, the quiet and a bit of brain power to write this blog post.

The past few days I've been scanning old photos into the computer so we've always got them to hand - generally they're stored in the loft so never get looked at. It's long, boring task but it gives me something reasonably low energy to do. I place the photos on the scanner, leave them for however long it takes to scan them at the highest resolution then go back and change the photos! All without leaving the sofa!!

I've also had to take the difficult decision to step down from my volunteering position at the Association of Young People with M.E. after almost 3 years. As I can't manage it with my University workload. I shall miss the work I did and the people I worked with immensely but I know in my heart of hearts I need to focus on my health and studies for the future. Hopefully one day I will be able to volunteer for them again.

Things are still going really well in life, having a few bumps along the way but that's what makes it interesting! I'm looking forward to celebrating my birthday next week, just hoping the payback won't be too bad as I officially start my next Open University module 10 days afterwards! And I will hopefully be going out somewhere nice this weekend as well!

I shall keep this updated as and when I can! Bye for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment