Monday 29 July 2013

Coastal trip, tough time, things are looking up, and more...

Well it's been longer than I intended but I have finally found the time and energy to update this!

I managed to get to the coast - we went to Clacton on Sea for the day and although I spent the entire time in the wheelchair it was soo good to get away from the house and stress even if it was just for the day! The sea air was amazing as well and I got lots of photos which I keep looking back through on the rough days I've had since. Amazingly had very little payback from the trip out but I was ultra careful during the trip and the days after.

I also had a wonderful time with my friend that week when she visited bearing gifts! SO very lucky to have her!! Hopefully we'll be meeting again in the next couple of weeks.

Had a bit of a rough time these past few weeks though - been a bit of a rollercoaster with all the up's and down's!!

A week after making it out to the coast I got a nasty virus which I'm still fighting the tail end of now. That wiped me out for about a week, and a horrid time of it with my neighbours making a lot of noise really did not help matters. In fact one day I just wanted to sleep but they made that absolutely impossible.

Things picked up and I made good progress on study and started catching up on things too. Then things with the neighbours got worse again and things just went downhill rapidly until the end of last week. Now things are started to look up again, but I'm still catching up with emails etc.

New friends, support from fellow Spoonies and health improving ever so slightly - kicking this virus - has made me feel much more positive.

Today I've achieved something major - for my uni assignment (TMA05) I had to code a video made from still images with sound. Mid-last week I was panicking I hadn't even started it, but with dedication, determination and probably spending a bit too much time on it at times, I have completed the video this afternoon!! Still got a question to do but the bulk of the work is now done. Fingers crossed it'll get a good mark!

Anyway I think that's all for now, I aim to update this again soon. As always feel free to comment or tweet me @SmilingClare

No comments:

Post a Comment