Sunday 25 November 2012

Recovering From An Exciting Day Yesterday!

Well it's been a week since I last posted, can't quite believe that how time flies when your just about managing to go about everyday living!

This week has been spent resting, writing christmas cards, resting, knitting, resting, putting music to mp3 format, resting....I think you get the picture!

I've been a bit better this week and able to do a bit more, however still having to take things slow and rest quite a lot. I mean what I just listed sums up all I did Monday-Friday and for me that is busy at the moment, it takes a lot out of me to do all that. Whereas to most people that looks like a days work, possibly without so many rest periods though!

Yesterday was a brilliant day, I was up really early (well for me anyway 7:30am is early!) and in town in the wheelchair by 9am to get some christmas shopping done. I managed to get half my xmas shopping done, also treated myself to a new handbag but I think I've earned that treat!

On the way home we went up Moulsham Street where they were preparing for the Christmas Light switch on there. And saw the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck which was there as part of their tour of Britain. It was being washed ready for the Light Switch on later that day, but we stopped to take some pictures of it. Whilst doing that one of the lovely guys setting it up came over and said if I wanted my picture taken with the truck they'd be moving it into position and have it set up by 12pm. Unfortunately it was only 10:45am and I was freezing, quite tired and in a bit of pain. My Mum and I explained that I wouldn't be able to wait around for that long because I suffered from M.E. which he took on board and called one of the other people helping him set up over, got them to get the plinth you stand on for the picture and put it next to the truck. He also got the signpost out and helped me up onto the plinth with my walking stick so he could take my picture of me with the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck, just like everyone else would get the chance to have later in the day! Here's one of the lovely photos:



The reason for sharing that story is because it restores your faith in human kind, I don't get out much so when I do I like to make the most of the opportunity, by doing what he did yesterday that guy made my trip out all the more special and I have an iconic photograph to remember it by and look at whenever I feel down or have been stuck in the house for weeks or months on end because my body will not allow me to get out and enjoy myself.

I don't know the guys' names who were setting up/running the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck in Moulsham Street Chelmsford, yesterday but if you're reading this and know them or are those guys I would like to say a massive THANK YOU for making my first trip out in months that little bit more special. It made my day, and also makes dealing with the pain and exhaustion I am feeling today that little bit easier because looking at that photo I remember how good it felt to be out!


No comments:

Post a Comment